arrow16 Comments
  1. olivier
    Jul 04 - 8:50 pm

hi
    i live in france and i would like to know how can i buy a red paints
    i so want it
    i hope you can help me
    regards

2. Wir sind schon lange hoch zufrieden, will jedoch dem gedanklich folgen. Doch weil ich eine voellig andere Meinung habe!Es ist voellig richtig Ich vergleiche das wie folgt, seit ich gebrauchte Autoersatzteile fuer unser PKW kaufen haben wir am Monatsende mehr Geld uebrig.

3. […] A modern addition to this celebration is the Russ Bus. Students get together and work hard for a year or two to save up money and pool it together into buying, decorating and equipping a bus for the Russ season: The bus is literally a rolling party, with loud music, lights and Russ only allowed inside. Although this might seem like a party mentality, it is also a learning experience for those who join a bus (not all do!) because it requires saving, planning, working on a concept, working towards a goal and project management to get the concept “rolling”. You may read more in my article about the Russ by clicking here! […]

4. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Philippa Demonte. Philippa Demonte said: Monday is Norway's national day & 'russ' final partying http://bit.ly/asxlI5 […]

5. […] a colourful element in the celebration. You can read all about this special tradition in my post from last year by clicking here! They have now celebrated their graduation for a couple of weeks. Some are worn out, some are still […]

6. Mother of Invention
    May 17 - 5:34 pm

A very cool idea! Takes the social pressure off for kids that don’t feel comfortable with proms or don’t get asked, as had to happen in my day! I never went because no guys tall enough who I liked well enough asked me. You just didn’t go in big groups like some do today. I would have loved your tradition….it’s all-inclusive.

7. RennyBA
    May 17 - 2:50 pm

@Chas: I do agree with you – this is cool. I am sorry you did not got the chance, but there are a lot of them around today!
    @Sidney: I’ll pass the compliments for sure:-)
    @cehH: I think you have a good point there. The week are more exciting than peaceful as you can see in today’s post. I’ll pass you’re compliments of course:-)
    @anonymus: You’ve got the very best out of you’re stay in Norway then – great:-)
    @Expat: I’m glad you liked the consept and I am supose you like today post as well then:-)
    @Scart: I’m glad you liked it and of course you might call me ren or renny:-) I like you’re blog from the pics you know.
    @Barbara: Happy May 17 to you too – hope you like my report of today as well then!
    @April: Yes blogging is educational and a wonderful way to share cultural things like consitutional day’s and stuff. Come back and visit often and you might even learn more as I do visitng you’re blog:-)

8. April
    May 17 - 12:34 pm

wow, sounds like one fabulously good time. i love reading cultural things like this. see, blogging is educational. i learn more about other cultures here than i ever did in high school.

9. Barbara
    May 17 - 2:35 am

Happy May 17! I love reading about the traditions of my people!

10. scart
    May 16 - 6:28 pm

russ is a graduating highschool student, that’s cool tradition or term being used by norwegian… i adore the buses and the way its celebrated…

anyways ren, can i call u that? thanks for always visiting my site eventhough its a “tagalog” or filipino entry i know u dont understand that but still your visiting it… thanks so much =)

11. Expat Traveler
    May 16 - 4:44 pm

what an interesting post! It’s great to know about Culture for sure. I like the concept!

12. Anonymous
    May 16 - 3:03 pm

I was a Russ in 1989 as foreign exchange student to Skeisvang in Haugesund. Every year on May 17th I still pull out my Norwegian flag with pride!

13. cheH
    May 15 - 4:03 pm

and If I may add btw, your niece looks georgeous!

14. cheH
    May 15 - 3:05 pm

Russ is rather genuinely exciting tradition & 100% fun guaranteed for young adults than our boring tradition of promenade back home I guess!

have a peaceful week ahead renny!

tc!

15. Sidney
    May 15 - 2:07 pm

This looks indeed unique!
    And your niece look pretty & beautiful ! ;-)

16. Chas Ravndal
    May 15 - 11:04 am

proms are boring! russ are cool! I really wanted to be a russ actually. But too bad I am quite old for that. Savi and Odd havent been a Russ before but my boss was a Russ.