My trusty readers know that I love to share Norwegian and Nordic countries traditions, culture, food and habits. As I call myself a network evangelist and love to make new friends all over the world, I got another opportunely to widen my audience yesterday – an offer I can’t refuse! My blog friend in Singapore eastcoastlife, honored me with The Power of Schmoozing award! Here is what it’s all about:
Schmoozing as defined by Dictonary.com is the ability to “converse casually, especially in order to gain an advantage or make a social connection”. When it comes to blogging, schmoozing is your ticket to making new friends, getting yourself noticed and building a reputation. Some bloggers are gifted with the ability to effectively schmooze and others not so much. Mark and his friend Danielle wanted to recognize those bloggers who exhibit strong schmoozing skills. In order to do so they created the new Power of Schmooze award! They suggested to reward five bloggers friends who also are masters of the schmooze. Here is mine:
- Queer Chef – Chas is my blog designer, a great schmooze blogger and also pretty darn good at networking with others. His blog is highly ranked and one of my favorite.
- Lifecruiser – A truly excellent schmoozer from Sweden. It’s an honer to be one of their A-Team Cruiser Team member as Lifecruiser clearly knows the importance of communication in blogging.
- Feverishthoughts – Tricia’s Musings in Canada -A nurse, A wife living the Fun fun social life. Her motto says it all: 1. Live life to the fullest; and 2. Don’t have any regrets.
- TorAa Mirror – A great colleague and blog freind from Norway who call himself: Optimistic, creative with sense of humor and reflective. He loves his cats, his wife and always surprises his readers.
- Gentle and Compassionate – Ghee in Japan was one of my first blogger friends. She never forget to laugh and change humorous talks with people and of course achieved ‘Top Mama’ award. She’s a truly gifted schmoozer.
As I had to stop at five among hundreds, I’ve tried to find a variety of blogger friends from all over the world. Now it’s up to these five schmooze-worthy folks to pass along this excellent award to others they believe have the power of schmooze :-)